Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Monday, August 20, 2012

I Loved This Job

Last week I found out that I will be laid off from my job on September 30th. 
This was unexpected news that left all the RT's in a state of shock.  
The company I work for is being replaced by another company, so all the employees have to leave.  It's business I suppose, but it's stressful for all of us who have to find another job. Boise has no jobs available right now, so I'm a bit at a loss for options. 
I'm not in panic mode yet...maybe I'm in denial, or maybe I'm just assuming the attitude of Scarlet O'Hara, "I can't worry about that today, I'll worry about that tomorrow". 
Respiratory Therapy hasn't been the greatest choice of careers for me when it comes to secure employment. Maybe that is due to the choices I've made, but hind sight is  20/20, and I refuse to think about the "if only's". That only makes one crazy with regret. I just have to push forward and start over. 

For me the saddest thing about losing this job is losing my association with some wonderful people. Not only my fellow employees, but my patients. I love going to work. I feel good there. I feel loved. I am supposed to be serving the patients, but they have served me in ways they will never know. I wish I were able to write about each one of them - the sweet, funny, tender experiences I've had. I have honestly learned what it means to serve God's children. I am doing exactly what I always said I would NEVER do.....and I LOVE it. NEVER say NEVER

I will miss this job. I will miss singing my good morning song to a special lady. I can dance and sing without inhibition, and it brings a smile to the face of a dear lady. I will miss my friend Cheryl, (a  co-worker) who has made me laugh so hard I almost pee myself.  I will miss my 90 year old friend with the snow white hair who is lost and searching for home. Oh how I love her. I will miss holding some one's hand when they are scared and lonely. I will miss caring for the perfect souls who have needed constant care their entire life. They, too, have a purpose, and I am more aware of that now than I've ever been. 

This job was perfect for me. 
I will miss it. 





,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL LEARNING EXPERIENCE! THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO GO TO WORK EVERYDAY AND DON'T FEEL THE LOVE, COMPASSION AND ENERGY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND! THERE IS SUCH A NEED FOR YOU ROBIN!!!! YOU ARE TRUELY A WONDERFUL PERSON. B