Happy Birthday To Me
54 years old
This morning Billy and I took a walk on the beach by the lake.
We were the only people there, so it was quiet and peaceful.
He took this picture with his phone.
It's a grainy picture, which I figure turned out to be a pretty good thing.
I didn't have to edit the picture in any way - grainy might be the way to go for all my pictures in the future.
I mean, really, every 54 year old women has those lines that somehow appeared one morning out of the blue. And every morning we ( or I ) try to paint, powder, color, cream and pray to try and hide those lines.
I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to say I'm 54.
I mean, I am what I am.
And actually I really can't wrap my mind around that fact.
When did that happen?
When did I become 54?
I actually have a 32 year old son.
I'm sure I"M still 32.
I'm not in denial - I'm just amazed that I'm actually 54.
It sounds so old.
Am I actually considered a senior citizen.
Holy crap!
I know I've changed physically too.
Especially since the curse of menopause has come upon me.
Some women look forward to menopause so they don't have to have that dreaded monthly problem anymore. Not me.
I'd rather buy tampons every month for the rest of my life than to have hot flashes, an expanding waistline, parts that sag or shrivel, and the occasional stray hair on the upper lip (And for the record I DO mean occasional, so no jokes about having a mustache).
I did get a complementary zit a couple days ago - didn't make me feel young.
I believe I'm young.
Because I feel young.
I will never let a number dictate to me how I should act.
I love the quote, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"
Today is my birthday.
I love my birthday.
I'm grateful to be having another one.
I'm 54 years young.
I'm blessed.
I'm healthy.
I'm lucky.
Life is Good!!!!!!
2 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. How can I be 78? I mean, 78, really!!!
78 years went so fast. The best years were when my children were little. I loved being a mom. Just wish I could have done a better job. You, however, was the best mom EVER.
I love you much!
I know exactly how you feel. How can I be 78? I mean, 78, really!!!
78 years went so fast. The best years were when my children were little. I loved being a mom. Just wish I could have done a better job. You, however, were the best mom EVER.
I love you much!
Post a Comment