Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dear Josh


Dear Josh -

 Today is your birthday. It is very surreal for me to think I have a thirty two year old son.  I remember every detail of the day you were born, and with a memory so vivid it doesn’t seem so long ago. Josh,  I remember the first time I kissed your “old man” looking face.  Your sweet little 6 pound 4 ounce body wrapped up in a blanket was the greatest gift God had ever given me. You were beautiful to me. I was in love.

From that very first day, August 7, 1980 my love for you has grown beyond measure, and my heart swells with emotion when I think of what an amazing man you have become. You are tender hearted and kind; giving, loving, generous, hard working, honest, funny, compassionate and a devoted husband and father. All qualities a mother hopes her son will possess.

Josh, no one can make me laugh like you do.  I have always said you are the laughter in my life. You have quick wit with a ridiculously funny presentation. I’m sure you are responsible for most of the laugh lines on my face. I imagine you are responsible for most of the gray hair on my head too, but I wouldn’t give up one line OR gray hair, because with all the lines and gray hair come memories. Memories I have of a little boy who liked He-Man and fire trucks, guns and screwdrivers (Goona), and eventually a young man who loved horses and rodeos.   

Josh, today I celebrate your birth.  This day holds great sentiment for me because on this day I became a mother – a calling I hold sacred. I am so thankful God allowed me to be your mother. I am thankful for all you have brought into my life. I am proud of you. You have a beautiful wife, a darling little boy, and a sweet baby girl on the way – everything I ever hoped for you.

Happy Birthday, Josh
I love you
Mom

No comments: