Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sick Day......Sort of!

Today
I did something I very rarely do.
I called in sick.
Its so embarassing to do that, but
I am soooooo tired.
I have worked a lot of days in a row, with one of those days being an 18 hour day, so
yesterday at the end of the day my feet were so swollen I couldnt see my ankles. My body was screaming
at me, "For heaven's sake lay down".
So I did. 
I have been blessed to have the hours to work, but there has to be moderation in all things.
Today my body and my mind needed to rest.
So this morning I slept in late.
 Then I took a drive out the the snake river to simply be outdoors and feel the fresh air.
I had read in the paper that the snow geese make a stop here on their migration route to the Artic.
I wanted to try and get a couple shots, but was unsuccessful.  I could HEAR the geese, and there were some flying in the sky, but none on the water. It was still a beautiful relaxing setting, and it felt good.
I did see this beautiful hawk soaring around looking for breakfast.
Back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rachel H. said...

what kind of camera do you have? you take fabulous pictures!