Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Random Thoughts and Random Shots

My boycott from posting pictures of Idaho scenery and animals didn't last long. What can I say - it's all I got.
Billy and I went down by the lake last week and I was able to meet up with this sweet face. I love seeing animals living in their natural habitat. She was a beauty.

Today after church we took a drive - something we do a lot here. I loved this sign. When was the last time you rented a goat? Just about everybody who has land up here owns at least one goat. They are great weed eaters. I was not, however, aware that they were available for rent.

Random

Traffic in Idaho

More random - this one is just around the corner from my house.
Redneck graffiti?

Some people who live by me have a small herd of sheep. There were several births recently - I couldn't resist taking a shot of these angels.

Billy rented this piece of machinery - I think it's called and Auger - but I'm sure that is not how you spell that word. He spent all day yesterday, while I slept, digging about 30 holes for our fence. I had to work last night otherwise I would have helped him. I felt bad he had to do it all alone, but I'm really proud of him. This place is so much work. Sometimes I wonder why we got an acre - I was trying to fill a childhood dream of living on a farm, but it's just Billy and I now. Maybe a condo would have been easier. By the time we get everything the way I want it I'll be too old to get around to enjoy the finished product.

Sunday Drive.
Me and Billy, Molly, a giant Pepsi, snacks, and my camera.
Nothing better.

These were the biggest flowers I ever saw. They are Peonys and I was so excited when they poked their heads up through the ground when spring arrived. They finally bloomed a couple days ago. I think these flowers are referred to as Memorial Day flowers because that is when they generally bloom. I think they are beautiful. 


Me and my mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta love the watermelon quantset hut! the deer shot is beautiful! i love seeing your world! b