Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crazy Chicken Lady


I don't have any pictures to post today. I'm bored of posting pictures of Idaho nature. I mean, really, how many times can a horse, cow, chicken or goat be interesting. How many times can I post a picture of Molly, the dog? She doesn't change.


Not much going on around here. We planted a tree today. A Orange Burst Maple Tree. That's news worthy I'm sure. I took the goats out for a walk this afternoon so they could eat the weeds in my front planter. It was easier than pulling them. I also took Molly for a walk down a country road by my house. I stopped and pet the horses, listened to the birds sing, dodged an attack German shepherd, but most of all I wished I wasn't alone. I do love all the animals, and all the nature there is up here, but I miss having a connection with people. I so wished I knew someone I could have called to walk with me. I see friends walking together talking and I feel a bit sad - it would be nice to have a friend up here. It's been difficult meeting people because of my crazy work schedule. I've committed to going to church on Sunday even tho I work Saturday night. I have to make the effort to go to church for many reasons, but it's where I'll meet people and build friendships. I don't want to be a hermit known as the crazy chicken lady with the goats. That's just weird.

Those stupid goats. I went to feed them the other day as I was leaving for work and one slipped out of the gate. I quick turned to grab for the gate, but was attacked by the other goat who wanted her food. I tripped over the concrete step, then fell over the water bucket which spilled all over me. I hit the ground hard, bruising and scraping both my knees. All I could think about was, "I'm going to be late for work cuz I had to chase a goat. Who was going to believe that" Then I thought, "Oh, I live in Idaho - that will be totally believable". Lucky for me the goat just stood outside the gate. I was wet and sore, but I wasn't late for work

That's it for this exciting post. I better get out there and feed them chickens.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOING OUT FOR YOUR WALKS ALONE MIGHT BE A WAY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE....ALONG WITH CHURCH.
YOUR BLOGS ARE NEVER BORING AND I FOR ONE LOVE THE PHOTOGRAPHY! b

JimandDebby said...

I love hearing about your life in Idaho and also love seeing the pictures. It makes me feel a little closer to you even if we are an ocean away! I know how you feel about feeling isolated. I hear people talking and laughing outside my bedroom window and think, "I totally would be down there if I spoke their language" Dang tower of babel....Love ya, Deb

laurie said...

Hey Robin! I love your blog too! And I wish I lived closer to both you and Debby so we could all walk together! Enjoy the wonderful beauty around you, the desert is warming up here and everything will soon be scorched! Church is always where I have made my best friends!