I went to Las Vegas a couple weeks ago to visit my new grandboy.
I fell in love. My sweet daughter-in-law, Nicole, was so nice to let me mother this little boy, and bond with him as his grandma. I held him, kissed him, cuddled him, bathed, changed and dressed him. Nicole was responsible for feeding him since I was not able to meet those needs. :0)
It is a surreal experience for me to watch my child being a parent. I'm proud to say both my boys have become loving, devoted fathers, and they have married women who are the same. I have so often wanted a "DO OVER" as I have watched my daughter-in-law Stephanie mother the twins, and now I watch Nicole with Cooper. It is such a comfort to know that both these women will take care of not only my sons, but my grandgirls and grandboys as well.
Since I was only able to stay a few days I cherished every minute. I wished I could bottle that baby smell and take it home with me. My heart was heavy as I said goodbye and I remembered what I used to tell my kids every night I tucked them into bed:
"Don't grow tonight....I love you just the way you are".
About an hour before I left for the airport I was able to catch his first smile on film.
I love you Cooper.

3 comments:
Hi Dear Friend!
So glad you got to go to Vegas and meet little Cooper! I love his name and he is just adorable! We just had #20 and I can smell her wonderful baby smell all the way to Croatia via Skype! You should down load it. You could talk to me and to the kids in Vegas and Pocatello. Love,love love it!
Congratulations! I hope you are doing great. Loves and Hugs.
Robin, You are absolutely stunning and so is your new grand-baby!
I will be your friend!
Post a Comment