Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Fall Day

Billy and I took a drive today......we didn't have a specific destination in mind, but we ended up in the mountains. The air was crisp and clean with fall colors splashed sporadically throughout the Ponderosa Pines. The scenery was magnificent.
I love being outdoors - I think every season offers its own beauty.
Winter is the season of cleansing - it's wet, white, and cold. Spring thaws the earth generating new life, and summer's heat fuels the growth of plant life. Fall is colorful and known as the time of harvest. I may be revealing my ignorance, but I never really understood the whole "harvest" thing. Living in Las Vegas for most of my life I never experienced any kind of farming. Moving to Idaho has been such a learning experience for me to watch the farmers planting, growing and harvesting their fields. I remember one day as I drove by a field of wheat on a windy day the line, "Amber waves of grain" from the song, America the Beautiful, suddenly became clear to me. I love fall -it offers fresh fruit and vegetables in abundance - especially here in Idaho.


This scene was much prettier in person. I wish I could have recorded the sounds that went with the view. The rushing water and birds - I could have sat there forever - soooo peaceful.
The water was crystal clear and ICY COLD!!!!!


 
The finale of the day - a sunset from my front yard.
I love Idaho

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

laurie said...

I am so happy for you Robin! It looks like Idaho is perfect for you! Tell Billy Hi! and take care!

Anonymous said...

A SLICE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH

Wendys Hat said...

Your day was just "Picture Perfect"! How lucky for you!

JimandDebby said...

Ya know what? I think your part of Idaho is almost as beautiful as Croatia! About the save weather too,I think! Miss ya tons and remember we love you!