I have a very dear email friend, Darla Isackson, who writes for Meridian Magazine. Darla has been a spiritual light in my life for about a year now. For me, she has been an inspiration and an answer to prayer through her written word. The other day I opened my email to find correspondence from her. She said,
"Dear Robin:
Here is the quote I said I was going to send you one time"
What Makes His Yoke Easy?
His yoke is easy not because the job He assigns is easy or because we are made independently strong, but because it includes Him! In a Meridian Magazine (online) article called “When My Yoke Is Easy and My Burden is Light,” Larry Barkdull said, “God programmed the experience of life to be one of continual lack. Our resources and abilities seldom equal what is required to heft our burdens. As we struggle to cope and progress, we find ourselves in the constant need of seeking help from someone who has greater strength and ability. Try as we might, we cannot change life’s program. But once we admit that we will never have enough and that we need constant help, we will be in a better position to come to Jesus and draw strength from a Resource that never diminishes.”
That seems so clear to me. I was never meant to carry life's burdens without help, because I CAN'T carry them alone. That was NEVER the plan. I am very guilty of thinking I can do it all by myself, and then my own resources run dry. Why do I do that?
It is amazing to me how "things" come to us at the most appropriate of times. I needed to learn this lesson today. My resources are exhausted.
Today happiness is two things:
Being friends with Darla
and
Knowing I was never meant to carry life's burdens alone.
Matthew 11:28
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give ye rest"

1 comment:
I Love This Post! I thought I was to carry my burdens alone. I have just learned what it means to give him your burdens. It's amazing once you have learned that essential principle. I love this scripture. I need to print it and put it in my house. Thanks!
Post a Comment