Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Monday, June 30, 2014

Sights, Smells and Sounds


So often when I walk or drive I am very aware of my sense of sight, smell and hearing. The smells around me change as I pass each field. I love the smell of freshly cut alfalfa and I'm so lucky I do not have allergies so this smell is a pleasure rather than a misery. The aroma of mint fields, onion fields and dried golden grass that covers the hills. Even the scent of farm animals like cows and horses (not pigs- they stink) are fragrant to me.  Then there are the things I see; acres of alfalfa, green fields of corn, wheat fields that have turned golden brown, fields of white flowers (I have no idea what it is), farm animals, birds, rivers and streams. And lastly the sounds of roosters crowing, birds singing, sheep bleating, cows mowing etc. I just love it so much. 










No comments: