Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Friday, July 12, 2013

Twelve Days of Vacation

DAY ONE

Today was day "one" of my twelve days of vacation. It's more of a "stay-cation" but I'm good with not going anywhere right now. Just not having to go to work is all I need. I love my job, but there comes a point where it's time for a break from the routine to regroup, refresh and rejuvenate. 
Day one began with a visit with the physical therapist for treatment on a very painful elbow problem. 
The problem is the elbow is 55 years old. 
The PT told me to stop using the electric staple gun (been building fences and working on the chicken yard) and to use my arm as little as possible to allow it to rest. 
Is he kidding? 
My sister is coming on Tuesday.
I have two bathrooms and a bedroom to paint before she gets  here. I'm sure I'll be using that elbow to roll paint on my walls.
After the PT I went shopping. 
For a chicken watering device. 
Thrilling. 
I then went home to write a paper contrasting HMO vs Medicare Insurance. 
Thrilling. 
I spent time lunging the horse, created a way to hang the chicken feed off the ground to keep it away from the mice, and played with the goats. 
Now who wouldn't want a vacation like this? 
It was only day one people.
Wait till tomorrow. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A FUN FILLED DAY!!! MAYBE IT IS OKAY IF THE BEDROOMS AND BATHROOM AREN'T PAINTED RIGHT NOW THO? b