Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Love Winter

 I have lived in Idaho for 3 years now, and this has been our coldest winter. 
People up here talk about the cold of winter like the people of Las Vegas talked about the heat of the summer. 
I think winter is great. 
I love Winter.
Sure, it's cold, but it's beautiful, fresh and white. 
I love the brilliant white fields that are almost blinding.
I love the icicles that hang from roof tops and car bumpers. 
I love the mountain of white now piled in every parking lot.
I love the fact that it's so cold I can see my breath INSIDE my car as well as outside. 
I love to bundle up in coats, gloves, scarfs and boots.
I love the sound of the crunch of snow beneath my feet. 
I love the feel of my home so warm and cozy. 
I love to watch the beautiful white flakes as they fall dancing from the sky. 
I love the quiet reverence and lack of sound when the snow is falling. 
I love that I can actually walk on a giant frozen lake. 
I love the resident geese who fly overhead and stand in the empty cornfields. 
I can love winter because it won't stay. 
Winter will gradually bid farewell, and
We will gratefully welcome the fresh sprouts of spring.
Then,
I will love Spring.



 The frozen Snake River




No comments: