Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Goodness

Every day I turn on the news and I see; politics, war, depressed economy, inflation, pain, grief, sadness, despair, crime, greed blah blah blah!!!! And actually that's a lie.....it isn't EVERY day I turn on the news. I'm an ostrich....I keep my head in the sand, because I'm sick of all the "bad" I see. I KNOW it's there, I don't want to sit in my living room and see someone listing all the horrible events that happened that day. I know I should stay apprised of current events, but right now, the only current event that matters to me is the upcoming birth of my new grand daughter. 
Today while I was driving home I got a glimpse of something different than all the things I listed above. I saw a glimpse of "GOODNESS". A very elderly man who had been walking down the street with another very elderly man had fallen down. His friend was trying desperately to help him back up to his walker. It was heart breaking, but I saw proof that there still is some good in the world. Cars were pulling over, and people were running from all directions to come to the aid of this poor man who could not get up on his own. I had pulled over to the turning lane to get out and help, but I wasn't needed. People stopped their cars in the middle of the road, jumped out and ran to this man. A crowd surrounded him, and as they lifted him, they lifted me with a renewed hope that despite the despair in our world GOODNESS remains. 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes my friend, only bad things are publicized on most days. And in our lives so much of the time we must look for the goodness. it is there. i am so grateful for you. you are goodness in my life!!! b

Janacy said...

I never watch the news either... but I Always enjoy a good story. Thanks!