This week I spent a couple days in Utah.
I went to watch Abby and Savannah play T-ball.
I can't even begin to describe the cuteness of four and five year old girls playing T-ball.
What fun!
Each team took their turn at bat.
A player would hit the ball, run to first base, sit down and dig in the dirt.
The next player would hit the ball, run to first base and tell the previous player to run to second base.
Cuteness, cuteness, cuteness!!!!
The team waiting to bat stood by the coach on the pitchers mound.
That's where Abby played in the mud, then began to throw mud on her team mates.
I was loving every minute!
Teammates
Sweetest little brother
Abby
Savannah
A little coaching from daddy
Jake was more interested in the grass.
Look at that sweet face.
This is how they looked when I left.
Snuggled in to watch a movie.
They are happy girls.
-----------------------------------------------
Next -
an unscheduled stop........
Gooding, Idaho
I have a friend who owns a dairy farm in Gooding.
Gooding is a little town of about 4000 people just outside of Twin Falls.
I had been wanting to visit, because it has always been my dream to milk a cow.
Simple dream, but it's a dream nonetheless.
So I contacted my friend, and got directions to the dairy.
The first thing I got to do was drive two antique tractors.
It was a blast.
THEN, I got to ride a horse.......
THEN.....
I fell off the horse while it was running.
I don't know how it happened or what I did, but I fell hard.
It hurt.
It hurts worse today.
But hey, I didn't break a hip.
Next, we found out a calf was ready to be born.
That was awesome!!!!!!!!
I was in love.
Meet my new friend, Lilly.
(Her real name is #400,
but she is much too beautiful to be called #400
so I am calling her Lilly)
It was a GREAT couple of days.
I left the farm feeling so good, and smelling like a cow.
However,
at that moment it smelled wonderful to me.
I wouldn't have traded it for the sweet smell of Channel.
Thank you so much Joey and Jen for making me feel so welcome.
I didn't get to milk a cow, but hey, I have a reason to go back.
And I definitely want to go back.
I have to see Lilly.




























2 comments:
Love this blog!!!! My dad was from Gooding, Idaho. I have great childhood memories of visiting my Grandma Dixon up there and riding on my uncles milk truck as he made his milk run early in the mornings...Your grand daughters are beautiful!! Can't wait to see you! Only 1 week, 3 days until we fly home. I smell a road trip to Idaho in our future!!! Love ya!
chains and birth.....hmmm made me extra happy i had the o b i did with my girls :~)) sounds like a beautiful trip my friend!!!!!
love you b
Post a Comment