At work the other day the CNA notified me that one of my patients was asking for me. I took a deep sigh, closed my eyes, and said, "ok". Now mind you, this patient had called for me AT LEAST a BAZILLION times that day, and I was a bit worn out. The sweet CNA said, "Oh, Robin, we don't want you to be stressed, ask Cheryl to do it". I laughed thinking, "Oh Cheryl would LOVE that". I told her not to worry, that I'd take care of it.
She then said,
"Well, we don't want to lose you, you are one of the good ones".
One of the good ones!
I was flattered that she felt that way, and
I've thought about that comment for a few days now, except in another context.
How do I live my life?
Am I nice?
Am I kind?
Am I honest?
Am I an example of good?
How about before I was sent here to this earth to fulfill my mission.
Did my Father in Heaven say to me,
"Make sure your follow the commandments.
You are one of the good ones. We don't want to lose you. "
and
Am I living my life such that when it's my time to die people will say,
"We don't want to lose you. You are one of the good ones"?
I hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment