I spent most of last night preparing my resume.
It wasn’t easy.
I looked over my life.
I evaluated my accomplishments.
Then I documented the facts.
Then came the hard part.
I had to “fluff” it up a bit.
I tried to sound intelligent. I tried to articulate my experience, list my capabilities, my skills, and talents in a way that would make me sound like a worthwhile candidate for a job. I needed to somehow market myself, so I would be chosen above all other applicants.
I closed my eyes, and in my mind I replayed my life, thinking about my job history, and experience. How could I even begin to “fluff” up such a simple, albeit worthwhile life?
After several hours I finally finished.
I read over the one sheet of paper that summed up my life’s accomplishments. It was incomplete. I left off the one job from which I have gained the greatest fulfillment and reward.
A mother.
From this job came my greatest accomplishment.
Two little boys who grew into two amazing men, who created their own families.
Now I am a Grandma.
Success.
It wasn’t easy.
I looked over my life.
I evaluated my accomplishments.
Then I documented the facts.
Then came the hard part.
I had to “fluff” it up a bit.
I tried to sound intelligent. I tried to articulate my experience, list my capabilities, my skills, and talents in a way that would make me sound like a worthwhile candidate for a job. I needed to somehow market myself, so I would be chosen above all other applicants.
I closed my eyes, and in my mind I replayed my life, thinking about my job history, and experience. How could I even begin to “fluff” up such a simple, albeit worthwhile life?
After several hours I finally finished.
I read over the one sheet of paper that summed up my life’s accomplishments. It was incomplete. I left off the one job from which I have gained the greatest fulfillment and reward.
A mother.
From this job came my greatest accomplishment.
Two little boys who grew into two amazing men, who created their own families.
Now I am a Grandma.
Success.


1 comment:
What a beautiful blog! I love the pictures and you're the best! Hope your job search goes well. Are you thinking about leaving Idaho??? Utah maybe? Love ya, Deb
Post a Comment