Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shoveling Crap

My week started out by literally shoveling crap, pooh, poop, manure, sh#@% ....whatever you choose to call it......but yep, that's what I did. I actually answered an add on Craigslist for free horse manure. We drove to some guys house where he used his tractor to load the "stuff" into our pick-up and when we got home I..............


unloaded the crap into a pile. I actually love work like this....good ol' farm work. We'll use the manure for our garden.........which by the way.........


....is what Billy was working on while I was shoveling. He built two garden planter boxes. We dug holes and buried the legs and we'll add dirt and manure and plant some vegies. I'm excited.

Mothers Day 2011
My mom got me a tree.
I'll nuture it along for a year then next Mothers Day I'll plant it in my yard.

This little guy was my Mothers Day gift to myself.
He was free on Craigslist.
He is soooooo sweet. He's a Bantam Rooster so he's little - about less than half the size of my hens. He'll get bigger, but he'll always be a little smaller. He LOVES ME. It's the strangest thing. All he wants me to do is cradle him in my arms. If I'm sitting down he wants to me on my lap. He chases me everywhere I go. It's hilarious, but he's very tame and has imprinted on me. I haven't named him yet. It's got to be the perfect name.  



This was the sunset from my back patio the other night. It was really pretty, but I thought the cloud formation was interesting.

Most people have a dog or cat sitting on their porch. These people have a turkey.
Weird!!

The reservoirs and the rivers are extremely high this year due to a lot of snow melt. We went up to Lucky Peak to check out the overflow.

We take Molly everywhere.

This was the "Rooster Tail" from the dam last Saturday and Sunday. It was amazing to see. So much water and so much power. It was much more impressive in person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your little piece of heaven........how cool! b

Anonymous said...

THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS WE SHOVEL CRAP! SO GLAD YOU FOUND ONE WAY THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! b