We started the month off by getting rid of the pesty gophers. We set seven traps
and caught 5 gophers. I was so excited. So far we have seen no evidence of gopher activity.
My niece, Emily came to visit this month. It was so good to see her. She has grown up to be such a sweet, beautiful young woman. I love this girl.
We also got chickens this month. They were only two weeks old when we got them.
I started them off in a box in the house. That didn't last long since chickens STINK!!
They are now outside and growing like crazy. We won't have eggs till July or August.
Savannah holding her chicken
Abby choking her chicken
I babysat for the girls a couple times this month. We built Lego towers,
colored pictures, watched movies, played with play dough, and I enjoyed every minute with them.
They crack me up.
Next, we got goats.
This is Miss Annie.
We have her sister too. Savannah wanted to call her Penny, so we have Annie and Penny.
They are the funniest creatures.
Look at that smile. Who couldn't love that smile?
I spent yesterday cleaning out the chicken coop and
making a nice warm bed for the goats. I love this kind of work.
I'm a farm girl at heart. This is all I've ever wanted to do.
I never said as a child, "When I grow up I want to be a respiratory therapist", but I did always say, "When I grow up I want to live on a farm".
Now it is the end of March and it looks like there are signs of spring.
The buds on our tree are just now popping out.......
.....there are Robins in my backyard........
......and from my back window the sky is clear and today the temperature feels.......
....well, not so freezing.
Hurry up Spring!!!!!










2 comments:
ha! how cool! i am happy when you are happy! b
I'm so happy for you Robin! Enjoy the beauty around you! You deserve it all! Give Billy a hug from us too!
Post a Comment