I found this quote the other day, and thought how perfectly it fit with my earlier post on an article I read titled, "Busting The "Performance Equals Worth" Myth. It reminded me again that it's so important to serve others and find joy in that service. I'm thankful for that knowledge, and for good men who offer great council to teach us what is important.
From Elder ElRay L. Christiansen, Assistant to the Council of the Twelve Apostles:
When we are resurrected, I doubt that we will be asked, "How many positions did you hold?" but rather, "How many people did you help?"
(Elder ElRay L. Christiansen, Conference Report, April 1967, Afternoon Meeting 45.)
2 comments:
I love the article and the quote! How is your little grand-daughter today? Hope she's feeling better. Love ya. Deb
What an awesome quote. I love it. We seriously ccaannnnoott wait to see you guys. the girls keep asking "when are we going?"
Love
steph
Post a Comment