Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness


It's Thanksgiving time again and I love this time of year.

Every day I am aware of the many blessings I have in my life. Even through the tough and trying times I am very aware of my blessings. I have come to realize that even the tough times are blessings that offer opportunities for me to learn and grow into a better person.  The past five years I've had a lot of those growth opportunities. Oh, it has been hard, and I have been depressed, exhausted - even hopeless at times, however, I have always been aware that there are reasons to give thanks. I am so thankful that I believe what I believe. I'm thankful I know I have to weather the passing storms. The latest storm has seemed relentless leaving me feeling there was no place of refuge from the world and it's economic rage.

Thankfully this storm is beginning to weaken and calm.
I hope that just as the land and air are cleansed from the wind and rain, I too have had a cleansing of sorts. No one enjoys trials.
No one asks for them, but we know they are going to come.
I am thankful today for what I have been through. Believe me, I don't want to do it again, but if I look at who I was five years ago and who I am now.......I think I'm better. I hope so.

Today I am thankful.......I am simply thankful.

1 comment:

JimandDebby said...

I'm thankful, Robin, for you. Having you for a friend has been a great blessing in my life! So when I start counting blessings...You're right up there at the top. Love from Croatia.