Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Monday, July 5, 2010

Building Memories

Vegas Baby!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I went to Vegas. My son and his wife had a baby shower for their baby who will be born in August. I drove to Provo to pick up my daughter-in-law and the grand girls, and off we went for a weekend adventure in "Wegas", as Abby would say.
We got in the car and Abby said the prayer...."thankful we can go on our trip, thankful for family and uncle Josh, keep us safe.......amen" then she shouted, "DRIVE PAPA"!

 From then on it was FULL SPEED AHEAD.
We had potty stops, a lunch stop, playground stops, ice cream and snack stops.
As we finally drove over the hill into Vegas. I felt funny inside - the view of the valley was everything that felt familiar to me. I don't even like it there, but my heart felt sad. It may not be my address anymore, but it still felt like home.

 We got there Thursday evening and we didn't stop until we got back to Provo Monday night.
I think it was one of the best mini-vacations I ever had.
I love living in Boise, but I miss the association with friends and family.
Being with people, visiting, laughing, playing with the girls - I didn't want it to end. It was fun being with Stephanie and helping her care for the girls.
We took the girls swimming, horseback riding, to the mall to ride the "alligator" (escalator), to the baby shower, to the park, swimming again, driving golf carts, went to the strip to see the dancing waters at the Bellagio. They were exceptionally well behaved and irresistible.
I was so proud of them.

When I left Vegas last August I felt excited for a new adventure, but this time I was sad. I cried. I have missed "my life" and the people who filled it up.
I miss all those people.
I miss friends.
I miss Josh and Nicole.
I miss familiarity.
But I don't miss the heat, and Idaho is so beautiful.

I loved this trip.
I love building memories.
Thank you everyone for filling the void inside me. 
I love you all.
I have posted some of my favorite pictures of our weekend.



Elvis is ALIVE!!!!!!!
Will the real Elvis please step aside.
 
Josh and Nicole with Savannah and Abby.
 
Swimming at Nicole's mom's house.


Stephanie with Abby and Savannah, and me.
Posted by PicasaUncle Josh and Abby

Uncle Josh and Savannah

Josh roping


Abby

Savannah

No comments: