Today was a good day. I love good days. Lately the good days seem so few and far between. Suffering from depression is like living life on a roller coaster constantly going up and down.. Sometimes the "downs" seem endless, so when there are moments of "ups" I grab hold for dear life hoping the thrill of the ride will never end.
I got off work this morning, slept for a few hours, packed a suitcase, jumped in the car and hit the road for Pocatello. I had a blast. I was alone.....I pulled my hair back, opened the windows to feel the cool breeze, and cranked up the radio to my favorite country station. It was awesome. No one to talk to but myself and God. Two people I know will listen to me. :0)
As I drove I was reminded of the many reasons I love living in Idaho. It was a beautiful drive as I passed acres of green farmland, crossed over the Snake River, smelled the newly harvested alfalfa, and enjoyed the many different animals grazing in the fields. All the while the wind blowing through my hair, and me singing at the top of my lungs every song that played on the radio. It was great and I felt happy.
However, the true happy part of my day was when I arrived in Pocatello, and two three year olds literally came running across the yard and leaped into my arms. My eyes filled with tears as my heart filled with love for the roller coaster that is my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment