Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NEW BEGINNINGS

Today is a new day.
  
 This is my new blog.

I need a new beginning.



It's been almost a year since Billy and I moved to Idaho. I love it here. I find it hard to convey in an articulate or poetic manner the beauty of this place. I know there are much prettier places in the world, but coming from the southwest desert THIS, for me, is paradise.



HOWEVER, as much as I love it here, I have often had the feeling, "I want to go home". It has been a difficult year. I have felt lost - not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. For a year I have wandered through a sea of unfamiliar faces feeling no connection to anyone or anything. I have often asked the question, "why am I here", but not necessarily meaning, Boise. I want to know why am I HERE in this life. How does my insignificant life fit into the vast scheme of eternity


I recently read this quote by C.J. Lewis


"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right, and stopping the leaks in the roof, and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably, and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to?
The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of– throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
–C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity (London: William Collins, 1970), 172.


At this point in my life I'm not sure I've even reached the "decent little cottage" stage . There needs to be a lot more molding and shaping by the builder before I evolve into a "palace". Remodeling is painful, and inconvenient at times, but the architect has promised the expansion will be far beyond our dreams.

So I suppose, my sad pitiful lost self has some sort of purpose. I

So please come with me on my journey to find happiness. It will be fun - like a road trip.  Trips are always more fun with a bunch of people. Each day I will find one thing in my day that I recognize as making me happy. I'm excited for this adventure.






Day #1 Today I realized that HOME, for me, is not geography. It is something inside of me that offers completeness. It is my husband, my kids, my grandchildren, my family, my friends, my memories, my history.



So welcome me home.



HOME IS WHERE MY HEART IS

No comments: